Stockhouse (At Nožičkas, At the Emperor Charles) - Celetná Street 16/560, Old Town
Celetná Street 16/560, Old Town
Originally a Gothic building, later adapted in Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque style, the façade facing the Celetná street (including the portal) is Classicist from period around 1780. In the cellars and the basement, Gothic look of the building was preserved. Since 1754 the house has been in property of Prague (now Charles) University; it was used as a residence for professors of medical and law faculties. In the 1960’s the object was quite insensitively renovated.