Statuary of St. Vincent of Ferrara and St. Procopius - the tenth one on the left looking from the Old Town Bridge Tower
the tenth one on the left looking from the Old Town Bridge Tower
The sandstone statuary was created by Ferdinand Maxmilián Brokof in 1712 and donated by Romedius Josef František, Count Thun (†1719); it is one of the most beautiful statues on the bridge. St. Vincent Ferrer, in a Dominican vestment, is standing on the left; by his feet there is a coffin with a dead person whom he brought back to life. The Latin inscription says He resuscitated 40 (people). In front of St. Vincent, there is a kneeling penitent sinner; on the left, a man possessed by Satan is begging for help. On St. Vincent’s right there is St. Prokop in an abbatial vestment, holding a staff on top of the winged devil with whom Prokop ploughed a field according to legend. On the left side of the pedestal, there is the torso of a Turk and underneath the Latin inscription He converted 8 000 pagans to the Catholic faith; on the right side there is the torso of the weeping devil with the Latin inscription He tamed 70 demons; in the middle, there is the torso of a Jew with the Latin inscription He converted 2 500 Jews to Christ; all these torsos symbolize the powers converted to the Christian faith or brought down by the two saints. Between the torsos, there is a relief of the Last Judgment and a relief of the Ploughing of St. Prokop. In the cartouche above the emblem, there is the Latin inscription To both patrons, St. Vincent Ferrer and St. Prokop: 1712. On the ledge of the pedestal, there is the Latin inscrption He converted 100 000 sinners and on the slab of the pedestal, there is the Latin inscription Fear and honor God since the hour of His judgment is looking. – Behind the statuary, on the top of the bridge pillar, there is the statue of Bruncvík.