Lobkowicz Palace - Jiřská Street 3/1, Prague Castle
Jiřská Street 3/1, Prague Castle
Lobkowicz Palace, found in the lower part of Jiřská street, on the southern side, had been constructed in Renaissance style from mid-16th century for the masters of Pernštejn in place of older aristcratic residences. This palace has then been rebuilt in Baroque style by C. Lurago between 1651 and 1668 for Czech governor Václav Eusebius of Lobkowicz. Two halls and a chapel on the first floor were preserved in their original form. Between 1987 and 2006 the exposition of older Czech history from the National Museum in Prague was held there and exhibitions and concerts took place there occasionally. At present time the palace belongs to the Lobkowicz family again.