Church of St. Benedict - Hradčanské Square, Hradčany
Hradčanské Square, Hradčany
The church of St. Benedict was firstly mentioned in 1353 when it was the parish church of Hradčany, later it was rebuilt a number of times; its present look is the result of a reconstruction in the first half of the 17th century and some adaptations around 1720. The interiors of the church also date back to this period. After 1626 the church became the property of Barnabites who built an early Baroque monastery right next to it; in 1792 the church and the monastery were presented to Mendicant Carmelites who have been taking care of the whole site again since 1991.