At the Three Fiddles (Rabštejn House) - Nerudova Street 12/210, Lesser Town
Nerudova Street 12/210, Lesser Town
Originally a Gothic house was rebuilt in early Baroque style in 1618 (the portal was preserved), its current appearance is from mid-18th century. The house sign of three crossed violins in a Baroque frame is from the beginning of the 18th century and reminds of three families of violin-makers who owned the house – the most famous owner was the well known violin-maker T. Edlinger (1662-1729), the founder of Prague violin-making school. A reconstruction of the house took place in 1965 and there is a wine tavern on the ground floor now.