At the Stone Column (Luna) - Úvoz Street 24/160, Hradčany
Úvoz Street 24/160, Hradčany
Originally a Renaissance house, with Baroque reconstruction in 1706; from the same period originates the stone column with a statuette of Virgin Mary and stucco busts of the Luna and the Sun, placed here in the memory of a painter and house owner K. Luna. The house used to be occupied by Kalaš sisters: Klementina (1850-99) was a much admired opera diva, Marie (1857-1937) was a translator and keen promoter of Czech literature abroad. Until 1953 the Museum and Library of Jaroslav Vrchlický were located there.