At the Kindls (At the Kaplířs, At the Kondls, At the Vulture, At the Golden Vulture) - Celetná Street 22/563, Old Town
Celetná Street 22/563, Old Town
Originally an early Gothic house, later rebuilt, the current Baroque-Classicist appearance of the façade with busts and rosettes is from 1804 when the building was adapted for the purposes of a costume jewelry factory. In the basement there are Gothic cellars, some rooms on the groundfloor have late Renaissance vaults. In the 14th century there was a famous brewery inside the house. On the cornice of the façade there is the company name of goldsmith Prokop Gindl from the beginning of the 19th century displayed, one of the oldest of its kind in Prague. Since the second half of the 18th century, the house has been owned by the Charles University, from 1861 the well-known printing works Mercy was found there. In 1945 the house burnt down, it was restored later on. On the groundfloor there is the popular pub At the Vulture.