-
At the Golden Lion (Trostovský House) At the Golden Lion (Trostovský House) 

At the Golden Lion (Trostovský House) - Malostranské Square 10/261, Lesser Town

At the Golden Lion (Trostovský House)

Malostranské Square 10/261, Lesser Town

Originally a Gothic house (malt-house, preserved Gothic cellars) stood here, later replaced by a Renaissance town house which was built there in 1587, elevated by a floor in 1608; until present time its Renaissance layout has been preserved. In the Rudolphian period a well know wine tavern called At the Patron of Arts was found there, visited by Tycho Brahe, Johannes Kepler, Adrien de Vries and other Renaissance cavaliers (a wine tavern of the same name can be found there even at present time). In front of the house there used to be a wooden donkey with a sharp back where guilty people were made to sit and get embarassed. In 1747 first pawn shop in Prague was founded there. Fragments of fortification walls of Lesser Town’s Gothic fortifications were found inside the walls.

Sort by: location name

 

number of visitors:

 – Počítadlo.cz           Provoz webu zajišťuje www.internetportal.cz