At the Golden Lilly - Small Square 12/458, Old Town
Small Square 12/458, Old Town
Originally a Gothic townhouse, rebuilt in Renaissance style (trusses preserved) and also in Baroque style prior to 1698 by K. Dientzenhofer. Inside the house there was a pharmacy already by the end of 14th century, called Onofor’s after the owner; a shop window portal with gold-polychromed lillies was preserved, the oldest shop window in Prague (renovation by K. Hilbert). During the reign of Vladislav II. of Jagiello the pharmacy was owned by pharmacist Tomášek who got involved in a conspiracy against the king; he got the conspirators a strong poison but somebody found out and he died while he was tortured.