At the Golden Horse (At the Golden Crown) and At the Storks (At the White Angel) - Old Town Square 22/482 a 23/48,1 Old Town
Old Town Square 22/482 a 23/48,1 Old Town
House At the Golden Horse (At the Golden Crown) was formed by joining two, originally Gothic, townhouses together, and rebuilding them in Renaissance and later on, in 1767-70, in late baroque style. In 1945 the house burned out and in 1949-52 it was restored. The house cellars maintained their Gothic characters, the arcades and the carriageway have a late Baroque vaulting. The house At the Storks (At the White Angel) is originally a Gothic townhouse, later adapted a number of times, its current appearance is early Baroque from 1550’s and 1560’s, the façade has been also been re-done in a late Baroque style between 1780 and 1800. After a fire in 1945 the house has been restored. The basement has a Gothic appearance. The hall on the groundfloor has a Renaissance vault, the arcades have early Baroque vaults and there are Baroque vaults in several other rooms. At present time both houses are essentially functioning as one.