*1837 (Prague), †1886 (Prague)
Czech sculptor, pupil of E.Max. he studied in Vienna and Italy, in 1870 he returned to Prague and realised the monument of Josef Jungmann at the Jungmann Square which made him famous. His next success was based on a cooperation with architects, mostly with J.Mocker. He was appreciated for his statues of scientists, artists and saints, less popular for his sculptures of leaders and soldiers, among them the sculpture of Bruncvík at the Charles Bridge. He cooperated on the new decorations for the Powder Tower.